Monday, January 2, 2012

Vengeance vs Vengeance

Its been awhile, but screw it; new year, new oppurtunities. I feel that Ive been slacking quite alot with rarely posting and not sticking to my planned posting. So with this in mind, Im writing things as I do them, but stockpiling them for a consistent stream of reports.

From other people's fits and experiences, I decided to go with a cap stable fit for starters. Stable at 49% that is. This gives me enough regen to suffer through one or two nos or neut. I think. Im using the Coreli A-Type currently, but I have several Centi A-types that drop my cap stability to 40% and boost my armor regen by about 20 points. We'll see if the difference between them gives a noticeable change or not. I have also played around with an MWD fit, but I dont really like it much. I dont want to fly interceptors and flying with and mwd makes me feel like Im a gimp one of those. Other than that, any tips on this fit would be welcome.

[Regular]
Internal Force Field Array I
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Energized Thermic Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

1MN Afterburner II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Stasis Webifier II

Rocket Launcher II, Foxfire Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Foxfire Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Foxfire Rage Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Foxfire Rage Rocket

Small Anti-EM Pump I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

One of my problems is that I live in high sec now. Ive looked into several places, both low and nullsec space. Also had a look around RvB and its tempting. Havent really decided where to go though. Anyhow, while scouting out one of my potential new homes, I got into a fight.

This guy was probing me out in a Pilgrim. Im not one to fight a ship like that at this point in time solo, so I just kept warping around the first system in my pocket making safe spots. Eventually, he got bored and offered to 1v1 in the high sec system next door. I obliged and dropped a can at the top planet.

I didnt bother asking what frig he'd bring, it didnt matter really; a fight is a fight if its a same class ship. He brings a vengeance and my first thoughts are "Oh shit, he's gonna stomp me with my favorite ship!" While waiting for him to slowboat to the dropped can, I open a convo to see if he'd be having a neutral remote rep come in. Most people would open up BC to check their opponents history and I know he'd see my loss to a Harbinger before. Makes sense for me at least ask =P Btw, this guy has a few hundred wins and only 19 losses. I was scared! Anyhow, after settling into a nice little 10km orbit around my can, I waited for him to go flashy red before aproaching and start firing rockets in his direction.

I decided that for each fight, I would practice a certain aspect of combat, while the other things stay in the background, but still important. I wanted to practice manual flying this fight. So, I start my clicking and camera movements and I was doing pretty good. I got into a nice groove, and my shields hit 30%. Started the repper and OH'd my launchers. We both ate through each others shields rather quickly, an expected result of an Amarr vessel of course. What surprised me, however, is how well we stood against each other at that point.

I assumed he had an active fit, as did I. As my cap reached about 60%, I started trying to pulse my AB just to add something extra into my manual flight practice. I occasionally glance at my overview for transversal, but its not really needed since rockets always hit. I slowly switched to looking at the velocity instead to make sure my rockets would keep up with his ship. It took me a minute to remember to look (even though they are right next to each other), but he was only disabling me with a scram, no web. By this time, my guns were about 50% burnt, so I figured I would turn them off for a possible boost later in the fight.

Yeah, that didnt work out so well. The stupid overheat button on top of the modules definately needs changed. Yes, I know I could have also hit the overheat rack button. Or the shortcut key (that I promptly found out about after this fight). The launchers were still overheated and because I was working on my manual flight, I didnt even notice they all had burnt out until he was regening shields. Well, shyt!

Luckily, he didnt have me webbed, so I shot off into a random direction, with an overheated AB now. Quickly realizing this mistake, I aligned to a gate and warped out. My opponent was thoroughly confused, so I felt the need to explain how "special" I had been during our duel. He felt it was a win for him, but I feel more that it was a draw, for a couple reasons.

Neither of us dropped below 90% or so armor. Neither of us were having cap issues since neither were using a nos or neut. I do feel I had the advantage being cap stable with my one repper while he was using a cap booster with dual reps. This advantage wouldnt present itself until he was out of charges, but I dont know how long that would have been or if either of us would have had enough ammo to reach that point.

So, my viewpoint is that it was draw because I didnt lose my ship. =)

2 comments:

  1. if you hit the overheat rack button twice (1 second or so between hitting that bitton each time) it'll overheat the entire rack, and then disable it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for slacking with comments, I was going to reply, I just never got to it tbh.

    I did as you said, and youre right it does help out alot in managing the heat of modules. Im thinking if I am flying a ship like the Rifter though, it wont matter much since the fight will be so short.

    ReplyDelete